1. Understand that your attitude affects every area of your life.
2. Honestly evaluate your attitude over the long term and the short term, in general and in specific situations.
3. Understand that you have a choice, that you are in control.
4. Evaluate influences that cause you to feel the glass is half full or it is half empty.
5. Ask a coach or a trusted friend for honest feedback on what they see. Do you agree or disagree?
6. Determine how you can live consciously with a positive outlook in general and in specific areas.
7. Develop a “warning” system that allows you to choose the positive in potentially unhealthy situations.
8. Commit to monitoring your attitude for a specific period of time, intent on the positive.Evaluate your findings.
9. Allow your friend or a coach to hold you accountable in a gentle manner.
10. Commit to choose to be positive.
Shifts in the way we react to things take time and action. Remember challenges lead to growth, self-efficacy and self-respect.
As we free ourselves from habits that no longer serve our well being we open up space for new opportunities.