Sunday, August 14, 2011

Acceptance

"And the choice you make, between hating and forgiving can become the story of your life." Gregory David Roberts
What does this statement really mean? How do these words serve me best? I live in a beach town where diversity appears limited to: you surf or you don't, you frequent the village drinking hole or you don't, you live in your own home or you don't. Yesterday, I ventured to Santa Monica, a city so rich in diversity it makes you want to sing its praise. The people look, smell, and act with a range of possibilities that unites the human condition. They are the human condition, in its broader spectrum. I cannot hate their difference, because their difference is a celebration of human life itself. I could be angry for the homeless, or the crippled, and hate could stir within me about inhumanity, distroying the joy of celebrating and appreciating the life that is. I forgive those that cannot see injustice, blinded by their own condition, but at the same time, they too, represent the human comedy, and for that I am thankful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment